openEHR Board Nomination Call October 2019
openEHR News | Sept. 30, 2019, 12:44 p.m.
Following the recent announcement regarding the new openEHR International (CIC), we now have 2 Director positions due for election to the openEHR International Board, with voting open only to existing paid Individual and Industry Partner members.
If you are not currently a paid-up member and wish to vote, you will need to ensure that your current membership is paid.
The Call for Nominations will run until 5pm BST on 17th October 2019
The call for nominations is for two Director positions; one to represent Individual Members, one to represent Industry Partners. You will need to login to the membership site in order to view the call for nominations and register.
- Be paid-up as an Individual Member of openEHR to nominate for the Individual Member representative post or
- Be an employee of a paid-up Industry Partner, to nominate for the Industry Partner representative post
- Provide the name of a current Individual Member or Industry Partner Member who will support their nomination. This is intended purely to discourage frivolous nominations and members may support multiple nominations if they wish.
- Indicate whether they wish to be nominated to be elected to an Individual Member or Industry Partner position.
- Provide a brief biography and position statement.
Nominations can be made once logged in by selecting 'Board Nominations' tab from the home page.
The list of nominees and position statements will be posted when election opens on 18th October and any questions raised by community members in response to these statements should be answered via the openehr-technical and openehr-clinical lists.
Election period 18th October – 1st November
At the onset of the election period information on how to vote for those nominees who have agreed to stand will be provided.
Voting will take place by email over a two-week period from 18th October 2019 to the 1st November 2019.
Each registered Individual Member will be asked to vote for up to two candidates who have nominated to represent Individual Members, expressing a first and second preference.
Each registered Industry Member (company) will be asked to vote for up to two candidates who have nominated to represent Industry Members, expressing a first and second preference.
After the election is closed, the votes will be counted by three members of the current Board and a tally agreed. In the event of a tie (and only in the event of a tie) the second preferences of each voter will be taken into account. In the very unlikely event that the election is still tied, the Board will have a casting vote.
The result will be communicated to those elected by the 11th November 2019.
Once the new Director Board positions have been accepted and confirmed, the results will be announced to the full community via the openEHR lists and main website.
openEHR International Board
>> Back to openEHR News