Size: 1 - 10 employees
Trading since: 2012
Membership level: Startup partner
VirtualCare is a leading company in openEHR education and training. We provide online and in-company courses; we have also developed ebooks and tools, such as the openEHR modelling canvas kit. We have a comprehensive obstetrics solution that is being migrated to openEHR.
VirtualCare is a spin-off founded by researchers at University of Porto, which developed innovative systems for obstetrics, anesthesiology and psychology.
Currently (2017), VC ObsCare is installed in 11 Hospitals and 2 local health units in Portugal.
VirtualCare provides the online course Introduction to openEHR. This is a certificated education and training program, and at the end of this course the students are expected to know:
- Basic principles of clinical content modeling and its processes
- The Electronic Health Record architecture based on openEHR model
- How to use the modeling tools to create and edit archetypes and templates
- What is the Clinical Knowledge Manager (openEHR CKM) and how to use it
- How to participate and contribute in the creation and maintenance of openEHR content
- How to implement openEHR in software.
VC ObsCare is a comprehensive and fully integrated e-Health system for obstetrics suitable for hospitals and clinics of all sizes. In 2015, the Northern Health Regional Administration (ARS Norte) acquired a regional version of VC ObsCare, as well as the license to use this software in all public hospitals in Portugal. VC ObsCare is migrating to openEHR.